Thursday, May 24, 2007

Just Give Me the Facts


I took a few minutes today to put together some facts about my bike trip. Let me know if there's anything I missed. If you met me on my adventure or know me in person, you're aware of my scrambling for pieces of paper, such as receipts and other frivolous documentation. That makes some of these numbers estimates, if you know what I mean.


Total Miles - 2,415 Miles

Average Speed - 14.01 mph

Bike and Gear Weight - 70 lbs.

Pedaling Time - 172 1/2 hours

Sleeping Arrangements
Camping - 16
Hotels - 7
Guest - 7

Bike Issues
Bike Shops - 5
Flats - 12
Tires - 2
Spokes - 6
Derailers - 2

Daily Mileage
Most Miles in a Day - 105 (Alabama)
Highest Ave. Speed - 16.1 mph (Michigan)
Most Riding Time in a Day - 7 hours, 35 minutes (Alabama)
90-99 Mile Days - 5
80-89 Mile Days - 10
60-79 Mile Days - 10
Least Miles in a Day - 23 (Michigan)
Lowest Ave. Speed - 11.8 mph (Michigan)
Least Riding Time in a Day - 1 hour, 35 minutes
Total Pedal Strokes - 775,881

States Traveled # Days
Florida 8
Alabama 3
Mississippi 2
Tennessee 4
Kentucky 2
Illinois 1
Indiana 5
Ohio 1
Michigan 6
Most States Cycled in a Day - 3 (Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois)

Weather # Days
Rainy 2
Windy 8
Over 90 degrees 5
Over 80 degrees 14
Under 50 degrees 6

Money Spent - $1,500
(Not including the Welcome Home Celebration)

Blog Activity
Total Blog Hits - 5,486
Total Pages Viewed - 12,247
Most Hits per Day - 222
"Unique" Visitors - 1,377

Furthest Country Hits
Canada - 27 (Mostly Nana, I think)
Germany - 11
United Kingdom - 7
Spain - 6
Brazil, Romania, Italy, Portugal and Chile all had less than 5 hits.

Biggest Meals
All You Can Eat Crab Buffets - 2
Mexican Burritos - 3
Pancake Breakfasts - 23

Money Raised for the Kyle Casey Memorial Scholarship Fund - Closing in on $6,500 and still counting..... See March 26th post

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH I'M FIRST. Verrrry Interesting stuff,Chaz man! Terry

Anonymous said...

sure is a lot of information. I hope you add it to your book. MOM

Joe said...

RainMan,

Definitely 775,881 pedal strokes....Definitely.....Definitey. Yeah bikes are cool....Definitely. cross continental...definitely.

cuzgrace said...

Congrats Charlie
Great information...Being a retired
weight loss Con. I gotta know..how much weight did you lose?
And Joe Love "The RainMain"hahaha
Grace

Anonymous said...

Wow! interesting statistics, and many intersting people and helpers that you met along the way. You did Kyle a great honor son. Thanks for the daily blogs that were a must read in the morning. We are getting some more donations for Kyle. Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Just recieved a memo from Spartan Stores.They are donating $500.00 to the scholarship.People love to make us cry and feel good about our world.Charlie will just have to pose for another picture.

The facts are just a big "WOW" and "unbelievable".

How many times do you think you said please donate to the scholarship?

Sue

32 degrees said...

so hey, if you have the time and inclination next week, come on in to my 2nd, 4th, or 5th hour class and give your slideshow - the kids and i would love to see it. JKal.

Anonymous said...

Chaz!

Interesting facts and very cool! Quite an adventure, eh? I didn't see a tally of armadillos passed en route.

Love - Cathy

Kyle D. Wilson said...

Charlie man, you're like my idol dude. This is so cool. Congratulations. No words, man, no words. <3

Kyle Wilson

Scoutmaster, Troop 177 said...

Charlie.

Way to go!! You alway's struck me as a man who could do anything he set his mind too.

Hey I am taking some scouts on the Appalachian Trial on June 10th, want to join us??

Your Friend from Stage Crew - Glyn.
gerwin@tampabay.rr.com

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Gonna miss reading the daily blogs about you adventures. Did I hear that you will be writing a book about you trip? It's amazing how one boy has touch so many in his short time here. I hope to met you in person one day soon and give you a big hug for all that you have done....the favorite one

Lady Di said...

Charlie-Mon
You Rock,
I have some great pics from the welcome home party. I will share with you and the gang this weekend at the eco-challenge. Just remember: WHAT HAPPENS AT THE ECO-CHALLENGE, STAYS AT THE ECO-CHALLENGE.
NO bloggin 'bout that.
I can't decide if my favorite pic is The Christa givin you your welcome home hug or you mom-movin towards you arms outstretched, reaching for her welcome home hug, with a "momma's look of pride" on her face.
I loved all the interesting info regarding the trip. What an adventure.
I was out of town for the WHOLE weekend and look what I missed.
Safe travels-wind at your back
Lady Di